What is this document?
Why should I read it?
To clarify what this document means, certain words with capital letters will be defined. Here are the definitions for this agreement:
“MyLawNow” or the “Apps” means https://www.MyLawNow.com and related web sites and MyLawNow’s mobile applications, including MyLawNow, MyDocumentsNow, MyConnectNow, MyPaymentsNow (other terms apply) and any other Apps we release.
“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our” means MyLawNow LLC, a Delaware corporation, and any other companies that are subsidiaries and affiliates of MyLawNow When used in the context of the company name, “MyLawNow” may also refer to MyLawNow LLC.
“Content” means text, graphics, images and any other material entered, processed, contained on or accessed through the Apps, including Content created, modified, validated or submitted by Attorneys.
“Services”means services provided through the Apps.
MyLawNow is not legal advice.
On the public MyLawNow website/app no formal legal advice for a particular issue is allowed. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON MYLAWNOW OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORTED BY MYLAWNOW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COMMUNICATIONS WITH MYLAWNOW ATTORNEYS IS INTENDED TO BE FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO CREATE AN ATTORNEY – CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AS DEFINED BY STATE AND FEDERAL LAW; MYLAWNOW IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL LEGAL SERVICES; AND RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MYLAWNOW OR ANY MYLAWNOW ATTORNEYS ARE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
MyLawNow may be used for informational purposes only and to connect clients with Attorneys
MyLawNow is not a substitute for: legal services, an Attorney, or in-person Attorney – client interactions. You agree not to use MyLawNow as a substitute for legal advice or an in- person Attorney visit.
We May Update this Agreement
What We Do and What We Don’t Do (MyLawNow)
MyLawNow is designed to support you. MyLawNow cannot make decisions for you. We can help you find good legal information and counsel, where available and appropriate, connect with Attorneys via MyLawNow for virtual consults with the possibility of follow up in-person legal representation.
We Don’t Practice Law (MyLawNow)
On MyLawNow you can ask and find informational questions and related educational answers by Attorneys or legal professionals. MyLawNow is not a place for the practice of law, but Attorneys on MyLawNow can be a resource for reliable, relevant general legal information.
This TOU applies to MyLawNow. Additional terms may apply to MyDocumentsNow, MyPaymentsNow and MyConnectNow. where available.
We Do Provide Access to Attorneys
On MyLawNow you may be able to connect with Attorneys. This TOU applies to MyLawNow.
We Do Not Create Attorney – Client Relationships
The use of MyLawNow does not create an Attorney – Client relationship. MyLawNow contains Content, and may help you identify services or may offer services. Everything on MyLawNow, including Content accessed or Services provided through MyLawNow, are for your information, and should be used for informational purposes only. This means that Content and Services are not a substitute for legal advice, or care from your Attorney.
We Do Support Established Attorney – Client Relationships
MyLawNow support Attorney – Client relationships. MyLawNow may be used where an ongoing Attorney – Client relationship exists, and a temporary Attorney – Client relationship is created by the use of MyLawNow.
We Are Not Your Attorney
We Do Not Provide Legal Advice, Predict Legal Outcomes or Promise Results (MyLawNow)
Interactions on MyLawNow do not constitute the practice of law and consultations cannot be used for providing a formal legal opinion. Do not use MyLawNow or Content or Services to predict any legal outcome. Use MyLawNow (where appropriate and permitted) or see your Attorney in person if you are looking for a personal evaluation of a legal matter.
Always Consult an Attorney
Consult your Attorney if you have any questions about a legal situation, and before changing the course of any action directed by your Attorney, or before making any decisions with legal consequences.
- SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR ATTORNEY WHENEVER YOU HAVE A PERSONAL QUESTION ABOUT A LEGAL MATTER.
- NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE, OR DELAY SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ OR LEARN ON MYLAWNOW.
Independence of MyLawNow Attorneys
MyLawNow Attorneys and legal professionals utilizing or featured on MyLawNow are not employees or independent contractor service providers of MyLawNow. Any opinions, advice, or information expressed by any such individuals are those of the individual and the individual alone and they do not reflect the opinions of MyLawNow. MyLawNow does not recommend or endorse any specific Attorneys, products, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on MyLawNow or by a licensee of MyLawNow.
The inclusion of Attorneys on MyLawNow or in any legal professional directory on MyLawNow does not imply recommendation or endorsement of such professional nor is such information intended as a tool for verifying the credentials, qualifications, or abilities of any Attorney contained therein. SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND MYLAWNOW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MYLAWNOW SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANYONE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY ANY PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USER) IN RELIANCE ON INFORMATION ABOUT ATTORNEYS, LEGAL PROFESSIONALS ON MYLAWNOW. The use of MyLawNow by any entity or individual to verify the credentials of Attorneys or legal professionals is prohibited.
All opinions and statements expressed by MyLawNow Attorneys on or through MyLawNow are solely the individual and independent opinions and statements of such individuals and do not reflect the opinions of MyLawNow, its affiliates or any other organizations or institutions to which such MyLawNow Attorney or legal professional is affiliated or provides services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. MyLawNow is not intended or designed for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. Registered adult users of MyLawNow may use MyLawNow for the benefit of children.
Your Account and Your Use of MyLawNow
You are responsible for your account: keep your password and real name private.
Accurate and complete registration information is required to use MyLawNow. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and for any use of your account. Please immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identity for posting on or using MyLawNow is not permitted. Do not include your real name or any other information that could be used to identify you in anything you post that is publicly visible on MyLawNow (such as in questions or other public submissions).
Your use must be legal and you must be an adult to use MyLawNow.
Your personal information will be stored in a secure manner. MyLawNow has implemented various encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect, from unauthorized access, your personal information which is stored in our computer systems. We also maintain standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personal information to our employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personal information. Full access to the Apps is enabled only by usernames and passwords. You are fully and solely responsible for any and all use of the Apps using your username and password. We reserve the right to revoke or deactivate your username and password at any time.
Your use of MyLawNow and any Content and Services must comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and ordinances. Currently, you must be at least 18 years old to register for MyLawNow Services.
We’ll send you notices and information.
When you register, you agree that MyLawNow and its affiliates, may communicate with you, including by sending information, correspondence, and notices to you. These communications may be sent via email, SMS (text message), push notification, phone, or otherwise using contact information associated with your account, including information provided when you register or update information in your Account Settings. We have a No-Spam policy, and you can opt out of communications and control your communications preferences through your Account Settings. We do not sell or distribute the email addresses of our users. For more about how we share your personal information with you, see the terms related to our Content and Services (below) and our Privacy Statement.
Code of Conduct for Clients
- EtiquetteAs a client consulting with Attorneys on MyLawNow, you agree to engage with the Attorney in a respectful and appropriate manner. You agree to refrain from using inappropriate language and/or behavior.
- TreatmentYou agree that you may not make demands in a consultation. Please understand that there are two (2) types of virtual consults on MyLawNow:
- Standard virtual consults: In these consults, Attorneys who have accepted you as a client are initiating virtual consults as an added benefit to the legal services they provide.
- Introductory Consult: this is the first interaction with a new Attorney or an Attorney who has not yet accepted you as a client on MyLawNow. An introductory consult is not intended for the Attorney to solve any legal issue. Introductory consults are for providing you with information or get to know the Attorney and to determine if she or he can help you with your legal issue (in person and/or through virtual consults). An Attorney may need to invite you to her or his office for an in person appointment in order to accept you as a client on MyLawNow.
- Abuse of CareMyLawNow is intended to give you easy access to legal information on your computer or mobile device. As a MyLawNow client (with access to consulting Attorneys on MyLawNow), you are entitled to receive legal information, and you agree not to abuse or overuse the access to Attorneys provided to you. Overuse includes requests for multiple opinions on single legal matter. MyLawNow consults should not be used : to obtain numerous opinions on a single legal matter. In general, Attorneys may discourage this practice and may be hesitant to provide an assessment to those clients who attempt to seek multiple consults. In cases where there is an absolute necessity, it may be appropriate to do more than one consult in a day about a specific legal issue, but you may also need to consider seeking in-person legal advice if multiple consults are warranted (especially if in-person consultation is recommended by a consulting Attorney on MyLawNow).
- Recording a Virtual Call strictly prohibited You agree to never screen shot, record audio or video from any virtual consult by any means available by technology. MyLawNow will not store video from virtual consults for future viewing by any party and copies of any virtual consults are not available for release to any party. Additional information is stated in the Privacy and Sharing Policy.
- Dress CodeYou agree to be appropriately dressed and to show personal or private body parts only when it is of legal relevance to do so.
Content and Services
MyLawNow has a Free Service and Offers Paid Services
It’s free to ask anonymous legal questions and receive legal answers and tips on MyLawNow (if available). MyLawNow also provides, optional Services and Content that can be accessed for a fee. (Administrative, document upload, payment services and/or software fees in a subscription or per virtual consult, payment or document cluster used). MyLawNow Video Consults are paid services. We will never ask you for your credit card or other payment information unless you indicate that you would like to use one of our paid services.
MyLawNow is for personal use.
MyLawNow is a service for individuals to use to support their personal legal decisions. You may use MyLawNow for personal, but not for commercial, purposes in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Organizations, companies, and businesses may become registered members under the appropriate type of account (if applicable) or use our Apps under entity accounts (if applicable) but not through individual members. Licensed U.S. Attorneys and other qualified legal professionals may apply to participate on MyLawNow for educational purposes as legal professionals, or to provide virtual videos on legal topics on MyLawNow. The Content is licensed only for the personal, household, and educational use of a single individual. No commercial use or commercial redistribution of any Content is permitted. Any hyperlink or other re-display of the information on another website must display the Content full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linked or other site, unless expressly pre-approved and permitted by MyLawNow in writing. By using MyLawNow, you agree not to harvest, scrape or otherwise collect any information about our members or Attorneys for any reason, including but not limited to for sending unsolicited communications, including spam.
MyLawNow must be used responsibly.
You agree to use the Apps and any Service responsibly, and in a manner that is not: unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, harmful to minors, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful or abusive. You also agree not to intentionally overuse any Service for inappropriate purposes.
MyLawNow may not be used for illegal purposes.
MyLawNow does not make recommendations or endorsements.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific Content, Services, Attorneys, Law Firms, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on MyLawNow. MyLawNow is designed to be used with common sense, and in connection with the advice of your Attorney (if applicable). Reliance on MyLawNow Content or Services is solely at your own risk. Some Content and Services, including posts by legal professionals, may be or have been provided by third parties directly and are not reviewed or certified by MyLawNow. We cannot guarantee that the Content and Services will help you achieve any specific results. MyLawNow suggested connections between Attorneys and clients are based on multiple factors which include jurisdiction, type of legal issue, distance Attorney is to client, receptiveness to Attorney to accept virtual consults, Attorney/Law Firm subscription plan.
MyLawNow does not guarantee the accuracy of Third Party Content.
MyLawNow has no editorial control over or responsibility for Content provided by third parties and any opinions, statements, products, services or other information expressed or made available by third parties (including Attorneys or Legal Professionals) or users on MyLawNow are those of such third parties or users. We make no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, statement or other information provided by any third party, and do not represent or warrant that your use of the Content displayed or referenced on MyLawNow will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with MyLawNow.
We are not responsible for anything outside of MyLawNow.
Content and Services, links to or from other apps, web sites or information, software, data, or other content, online or offline (“External Content and Services”), such External Content and Services and related information are outside of our control. Attorney or Law Firm web sites, apps or social media accounts that may have a MyLawNow logo or badge with a link that leads to a MyLawNow web site, app or another MyLawNow connected company are not an endorsement of that Attorney or Law Firm. We do not control, endorse, verify the truth or accuracy of, or review content outside of MyLawNow and we are not responsible for such content. The information, software, data, or other contents (including opinions, claims, comments) contained in linked references are those of the companies or individuals responsible for such External Content and Services and cannot be attributed to MyLawNow. We do not warrant, nor are we in any way responsible for, information, software, data, privacy policies, related or pertaining to External Content and Services.
You are responsible for your use of our Mobile Features.
The platforms available via the Apps (the “MyLawNow Platforms”) offer features and services available to you via your mobile phone or other mobile device. These features and services may include the ability to upload content to the MyLawNow Platforms, receive messages from the MyLawNow Platforms, download applications to your mobile phone or access MyLawNow Platforms features (collectively, the “Mobile Features”). Standard messaging, data and other fees may be charged by your carrier. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Features, and certain Mobile Features may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues. As applicable, instructions regarding how to opt-out of Mobile Features will be disclosed in connection with Mobile Features. The instructions will typically require you to text a keyword (such as “STOP,” “CANCEL,” “END,” “UNSUBSCRIBE,” “QUIT,” etc.) to the applicable shortcode for the Mobile Feature, or to change your profile settings inside the Apps. You agree to notify MyLawNow of any changes to your mobile number and update your account(s) on the MyLawNow Platforms to reflect this change.
You agree that we may send you limited personal information by email, SMS and mobile telephone notification.
When you use action-oriented features on MyLawNow (including subscribing to a checklist or participating in a Virtual Consult), you agree that MyLawNow may send you automatically via e-mail, mobile telephone or other contact information provided by you in your account settings, content including but not limited to, reminders relating to law services or Attorney recommended actions for you. As a result, the content in those reminders may contain Attorney – Client privileged information. You understand and agree that by using these features, you are opting into receiving your own protected legal information by email, SMS or mobile telephone notification, which is not secure. You also understand and agree that by receiving such protected legal information by e-mail, SMS or mobile telephone notification, you will be charged by your wireless or internet provider and that such e-mails, SMS or mobile telephone notification may be generated by an automated dialing system. You control the utility, and the privacy, of the reminders you receive. In your account settings, you can control what information is sent to you, and where it’s sent, and you can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving reminders via email, SMS or mobile telephone notification, or any of them. If you prefer not to receive personal information by email or mobile notification, you agree to update your account notification settings.
Mandatory Removal of Content and Services
Use of Your Information
We respect the privacy of your personal information.
We only use data you share with MyLawNow as set forth in the MyLawNow Privacy Statement, your account Settings, and applicable law. If you create, transmit, or display legal, law related or other information while using MyLawNow, you agree to do so with information that you own or have the right to use.
We cannot control external communications (including email, SMS, and notifications).
Email, and short message service (SMS), text message communications and mobile push notifications from the Apps are not encrypted. You can opt out of receiving email, SMS/text messages, and mobile push notifications. Although unlikely, it is possible for these communications to be intercepted or accessed without your authorization, and by using the Apps, you release MyLawNow from any liability arising from or related to any such interception or unauthorized access.
How is location information used?
We request permission for the collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device, however this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. If you permit our Apps to access location services, we may also collect your device location when the app is running in the foreground or background. Disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address. We use location information to help provide you with more relevant, personalized services. You may also change your location in the app settings.
There is currently no paid advertising on MyLawNow, however, we reserve the right to advertise appropriate services in a specific area on the MyLawNow website, app or other platforms to add value to Attorney and client users.
Consent to Terms and Policies
We make no representation that all products, Content or Services described on or available through the Apps (including MyLawNow video consults), are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all locations within the United States. Registered Users and Visitors access our Content and Services on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. We make no claim that Content or Services are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Personal information (“Information”) that is submitted to MyLawNow will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law and our Privacy Statement. If you are a non-U.S. member, you acknowledge and agree that MyLawNow may collect and use your Information and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection for Information that is available in other countries. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you consent to the transfer of such Information outside your resident jurisdiction as detailed in these Terms and our Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to such transfer, you may not use our Content or Services. The product information provided on MyLawNow is intended only for residents of the United States, and may have different product labeling and disclosure requirements in different countries.
MyLawNow owns or has rights to the Content and Services.
When you use the Apps, you do so under a license from us. Your license to use MyLawNow is personal, revocable, nonassignable, and nonexclusive. This means that you may not use the Apps for any commercial purpose, that we can take away your right to use the Apps, that you cannot give this license away to someone else, and that other members can use our Content and Services. All right, title and interest in and to the Apps and the Content, together with all intellectual property rights embodied therein (including without all engagement, rating, and ranking systems and methodologies on the Apps) are the property of MyLawNow or our affiliates, excluding your rights under law to any information or Content related to virtual consults on MyLawNow. Rights retained by other parties in the Content are their respective rights.
You must ask our permission to use our Trademarks.
We have obtained, applied or will apply for various Trademarks and service marks concerning all of the MyLawNow names and logos displayed on any of our products. MyLawNow name and logo, the MyDocumentsNow name and logo, the MyConnectNow name and logo, the MyPaymentsNow name and logo , other MyLawNow Trademarks and service marks and other MyLawNow logos and product and service names are our trademarks (the “MyLawNow Marks”). If you would like to use or display any MyLawNow Marks, you must ask our permission. Without our prior written permission, or according to the media use guidelines we publish, you agree not to display or use in any manner the MyLawNow Marks. All trademarks, brands, and content on MyLawNow are the property of their respective owners.
You agree not to infringe our Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Patents or other intellectual property rights.
You agree not to engage in any activity that would constitute copyright infringement with respect to the Content. You may not reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display the Content or any portion thereof without our prior written consent. You may, however, use the Apps as they are designed and intended to be used, including using App features which allow you to re-post Content or portions of Content, including those which permit you to distribute Content through other third party applications and mediums (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter), so long as you do not modify that Content or the functionality of those features in any way. This right to re-post Content does not create for you or grant to you any additional rights in such Content. Additionally, you may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the name “MyLawNow” “MyDocumentsNow” “MyConnectNow” or “MyPaymentsNow” without our prior written permission.
You agree not to access, attempt to access, or use our Data without our Permission.
You agree not to access, attempt to access, request access not authorized by the Apps or use any any App Content or data without our Permission. This means that you agree not to transmit, download, upload, post, sell, rent, license, transfer, disclose, mirror, frame, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or use any aspect of the Apps or any Content, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means.
Contact us if you believe materials on our Apps infringe your copyright.
If you believe any materials accessible on or from MyLawNow infringe your valid and enforceable copyright, you may request removal of (or access to) those materials (or access thereto) from us by contacting us and providing us with information pursuant to our DMCA Removal Procedure.
You agree to abide by our Submission Guidelines
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party. The personal information you submit to MyLawNow is governed by the MyLawNow Privacy Statement, the terms of which shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with this Agreement. You agree that member or expert submissions will apply with MyLawNow’s Submissions Terms and Policies. If you are a member you agree to theMember Submission Terms and Policies. If you are an Attorney you agree to the Attorney Submission Terms and Policies.
You give us rights in what you submit.
Don’t submit anything to us if you don’t want to give us rights to it. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them on, through, or to MyLawNow, by email or otherwise.
About MyLawNow Attorneys
Personally Identifiable Information
Our members have a right to the privacy of their identity.
MyLawNow does not disclose personally identifiable information about our members (please see our Privacy Statementfor details), however you understand and agree that if you choose to use MyLawNow Premium Services, that personally identifiable information will be visible to the Attorneys with whom you interact. As a reminder, we prohibit commercial use of the Apps.
All of our members are required to honor this Agreement.
Your permission to use the Content and Services ends immediately if you violate any of the terms of this Agreement. We may place limits on, modify, or terminate your right to access and use MyLawNow and the Services and/or Content at any time. This suspension or termination may delete information, files, and other previously available Content.
Changes to this Agreement
Indemnification & Exclusions and Limitations
Exclusion of Warranties
THE APPS AND THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” NEITHER WE, MYLAWNOW ATTORNEYS, LEGAL PROFESSIONALS, NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, AND WE AND EACH OF THEM DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT CONTENT OR SERVICES SATISFY GOVERNMENT OR BAR ASSOCIATION REGULATIONS OR RULES OF PROFESSIONALISM. MYLAWNOW AND THE CONTENT AND SERVICES WERE DEVELOPED FOR USE IN THE UNITED STATES, AND NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION CONCERNING MYLAWNOW AND THE CONTENT OR SERVICES WHEN USED IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY.
Limitation of Liability of MyLawNow
We cannot and do not assume any responsibility or liability for the use or misuse, by you or any third party, of any Content or other information submitted, transmitted, or received via our Apps.
Use at your own risk
The Apps and the Content are provided on as “as is” basis. NEITHER WE, MYLAWNOW ATTORNEYS, LEGAL PROFESSIONAL, NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAY BE HELD LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF THE PARTY KNOWS OR SHOULD KNOW THAT OTHER DAMAGES ARE POSSIBLE, OR THAT DIRECT DAMAGES ARE NOT A SATISFACTORY REMEDY. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Specifically, and without limiting the foregoing, We, our licensors, and our suppliers, make no representations or warranties about: (i) the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content provided on or through the use of MyLawNow, whether by MyLawNow or any other party; or (ii) the satisfaction of any government or bar association regulations or rules of professionalism or the approval or compliance of any software tools with MyLawNow. Any location data accessed via the Apps may be inaccurate or incomplete and any use of such data is at your own risk.
Specific limitation of liability regarding Attorney content on MyLawNow.
Content on the Apps created, modified, submitted or validated by Attorneys or other legal professionals on MyLawNow (collectively, “Attorney Content”) are subject to the following additional terms and conditions. (When we use the term Content elsewhere in this TOU, this term includes Attorney Content.) The authors or third party posting such content (“Posters”) are solely responsible for their content. While we hope that you will find the Attorney Content informative and educational, neither we nor the Poster make any representations or warranties with respect to any information offered or provided within or through the Attorney Content regarding treatment of medical conditions, actions, or application of medication. Under no circumstances, as a result of your use of the Attorney Content or this Site, will the Attorney Content Poster or such Poster’s employer or sponsor be liable to you or to any other person for any damages or harm-including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, consequential or other damages under any legal theory, including, without limitation, tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Poster (and such Poster’s employer and/or sponsor) shall have absolutely no liability in connection with MyLawNow for: (a) any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by the Poster’s actions, omissions, or negligence, in procuring, compiling, or delivering information within or through Attorney Content; (b) any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in such information regardless of how caused, or delays or interruptions in delivery of such information; or (c) any decision made or action taken or not taken in reliance upon such information. This means you should not rely on the Attorney Content or make legal or other important decisions based on it, and it also means that the Posters are not responsible for what you do or don’t do with the Content. For legal advice see your personal Attorney. You agree to indemnify and hold the Poster (and the Poster’s employer and/or sponsor) harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any third party as a result of (1) any content posted or made available by you through Attorney Content, (2) any violation of law that occurs by you through your use of Attorney Content or this Site, and/or (3) anything you do using Attorney Content, our Apps and/or the information contained therein.
NEITHER US, THE ATTORNEYS ON MYLAWNOW, OR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAY BE HELD LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
MyLawNow, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on MyLawNow are not liable for any personal injury, monetary loss, criminal or traffic disposition, lost opportunity, missed deadlines or statutes of limitations, attributable to or caused by your use or misuse of MyLawNow or Content (including member supplied Content or Attorney or legal professional supplied Content). Any claims arising in connection with your use of MyLawNow or any Content must be brought within one (1) year of the first date of the event giving rise to such action. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions. The limitations of liability in this section do not apply to breaches of intellectual property provisions by you or your indemnification obligations relating hereunder.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON OUR SITE, OR ANY SERVICES OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING OUR SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES EVEN IF YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
By using the Apps, you agree to be bound by our Arbitration Agreement. This agreement applies to all users, whether client members, Attorneys, legal professionals or Law Firms.
Certain Content may be licensed from third-parties.
General Legal Terms
MyLawNow has filed to be a registered Trademark or is a registered Trademark of MyLawNow or its affiliate or parent company. Any other trademark, brand, or content on MyLawNow that is not the property of MyLawNow is the property of its respective owner.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue our Content and Services (including but not limited to MyLawNow) with or without notice to you, and you agree that we are not liable to you or any third party should we modify or discontinue any services, and that your only recourse is to cease using the Services. Continued use of Services following any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Services as modified.
Other parties may have rights under this agreement. A “third party beneficiary” is another party (for example, a company) who is not directly mentioned in an agreement, but who may have some rights arising out of an agreement. Our licensors may be third party beneficiaries to this Agreement pursuant to our agreements with them. To the extent our licensors are third party beneficiaries to this Agreement, the rights and protections provided to us under this Agreement inure to their benefit.
If we provide you with a translation of the English language version of this agreement, the English language version of this agreement will control if there is any conflict.
If we choose not to enforce any provision of this Agreement, we retain the right to enforce it in the future. This means that the failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, it and any related provisions will be interpreted to best accomplish the unenforceable provision’s essential purpose.
This agreement is governed by Deleware law. Nothing in this agreement limits either party’s ability to seek equitable relief.
We want to address your concerns without a formal arbitration or case. Before filing a claim against MyLawNow, you agree to make a good faith effort to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting dispute-notice@MyLawNow.com and responding promptly to any related communications. We’ll try to resolve the dispute by contacting you via email. If a dispute is not resolved within 30 days of submission, you or MyLawNow may bring a formal proceeding.
If you reside in the United States or are otherwise subject to the US Federal Arbitration Act, you agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between us – except any dispute relating to the enforcement or validity of your, our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights – shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
Any arbitration proceedings shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules and procedures applicable at that time, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (to the extent applicable), as modified by our Arbitration Agreement. You may review those rules and procedures, and obtain a form for initiating arbitration proceedings at the AAA’s website. The arbitration shall be held in Delaware or at another mutually agreed location. If the reasonable value of the relief sought is US$10,000 or less, either of us may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on us subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or us, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to MyLawNow should be addressed to: General Counsel, MyLawNow, at the current company address indicated on the on the MyLawNow website (www.MyLawNow.com) (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought and the specific applicable legal basis for the requested relief (“Demand”).
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different MyLawNow users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court possessing jurisdiction over the parties, except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act.
YOU AND MYLAWNOW AGREE, AS PART OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS PART OF ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. WE REFER TO THIS AS THE “PROHIBITION OF CLASS AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS.” UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN YOUR OR OUR CLAIM WITH ANOTHER PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY ONLY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER MYLAWNOW USERS.
Except with respect to the Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions, if a court decides that any part of this Arbitration Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Arbitration Agreement shall continue to apply. If a court decides that the Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions is invalid or unenforceable, then the entire Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of the User Agreement and its Legal Disputes Section will continue to apply.
CLAIMS ARE TIME-BARRED. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary or the applicable dispute resolution process, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of or related to use of the Service or otherwise under these must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or you hereby agree to be forever barred from bringing such claim.
MyLawNow Guidelines: Members
On MyLawNow only informational questions submitted for educational purposes are allowed. No personal legal questions are permitted – questions may describe a general situation, fact patterns or incidents but please do not provide facts that give questions the impression of being unique to a single client.
No requests for Attorney referrals should be made on MyLawNow website publically (for Attorney services, please use the appropriate MyLawNow service, as available. The content of any response is at the sole discretion of the Attorney answering the question.
There is no guarantee that any submitted question will be answered; questions are answered at the sole discretion of participating Attorney. No follow up questions or personal information should be included in Thanks notes or other posts on or through MyLawNow.
- Excluding the appropriate MyLawNow Services, No Individual or Specific Legal Questions.Do not post any facts that give the impression that a question is uniquely client-specific, or are about a specific person, including yourself.
- Only Adults May Post.Minors may not create their own profiles on MyLawNow and MyLawNow does not permit the posting of questions by persons under 13 years of age. Parents may post educational questions related to authorized dependents.
- No Posting of Personally Identifiable Information.Do not post name(s), email address(es), or telephone number(s), URLs, or any other confidential or Personally Identifiable Information for you or any other person or entity on MyLawNow public forums.
- No Posting for Illegal Purposes.Do not use MyLawNow for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws.
- No Infringing or Impersonating Postings.Do not post material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; do not post impersonating another person or entity.
- No Inappropriate Postings.Do not post material that is unlawful, misleading, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- No Excessive or Inappropriate use.Do not use the Apps excessively or inappropriately or in ways that the Apps were not designed for or that are not, in the opinion of MyLawNow Attorneys, legally appropriate or legitimate.
- No Promotions or Links.Do not post advertisements or solicitations or links to other websites or individuals.
- No Spam or Schemes.Do not post the same question more than once or “spam” MyLawNow; no posting of chain letters or pyramid or other schemes.
- No Detrimental Behavior.Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying MyLawNow, or which, in the judgment of MyLawNow, exposes us or any of our members, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Rules for submitting questions or posting Content on MyLawNow
You agree to our Terms and Conditions and Rules
By using (including by accessing or attempting to access) MyLawNow you agree that we have the right (but are not obligated) to: investigate an allegation that a communication or Content does not conform to these Terms and Conditions and determine in our sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication or Content; remove Content (including member-submitted questions) that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fails to conform to these Terms and Conditions; terminate a member’s access to MyLawNow upon any breach of any of these Terms and Conditions; terminate a member’s access to MyLawNow if the member’s registration information and/or email address is no longer valid; and remove any communication in MyLawNow; regardless of whether such communication violates these standards. We reserve the right to take any other action we deem necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, visitors, and the public.
Only submit what you have a right to submit
Be a responsible and sensitive community member
It is strictly prohibited to upload media of any kind that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit, medically inappropriate, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and Conditions our Privacy Statementor any other MyLawNow policy.
Don’t upload any viruses or software
You agree that you will not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this Web site.
You grant us a right when you upload or submit media or content
We need to have the right to display the content and media you upload to us. By uploading any media, like a photo, (a) you grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the media and any material included in the media; and (b) you certify that any person pictured in the submitted media (or, if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) authorizes MyLawNow to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the media and any material included in such media; and (c) you agree to indemnify MyLawNow and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the media and/or your failure to comply with these terms.
You understand that we may review and reject any submission
We reserve the right to review all media or any other submission prior to or after submission to the site and to remove any media or any submission for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
MyLawNow Guidelines: Attorneys
Attorney/ Legal Professional Submissions
Please note: The following guidelines apply to MyLawNow, where the practice of law is not permitted. Different guidelines apply to MyLawNow virtual consults, where you can engage in virtual video / audio / text consultations with patients within the context of an Attorney – Client relationship.
By submitting Content to MyLawNow you agree to abide by these guidelines and terms. A few things you should know:
- Only informational Answers for educational purposes are allowed
- No personal, individualized legal answers are permitted
- You have no obligation to answer any submitted question
- Make Attorney Submissions only when you reasonably believe that they are likely to be useful and helpful to MyLawNow members
- Agree with Attorney/ legal professional Submissions only when you have fully reviewed and actually agree with the content, and do not agree with your own Submissions
Avoid Practicing Law
MyLawNow general answers to anonymous questions should be relevant content that is educational and informational. Answers can provide general guidance, context, and illustration. You are welcome to refer to general legal scenarios or fact patterns, but please do not make definite legal opinions on behalf of any individual member in your answers. Individualized answers are not allowed. Answers should not provide specific legal recommendations or give the impression that they are a substitute for a real-life consultation with an attorney. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PRACTICE LAW ON OR THROUGH MYLAWNOW PUBLIC VENUES, EVEN IF YOU ARE INTERACTING WITH AN ACTUAL CLIENT OF YOURS. ALL LEGAL ADVICE MUST OCCUR ON MYLAWNOW VIDEO OR AUDIO CONSULTS OR PRIVATELY THROUGH ATTORNEY – EXISTING CLIENT COMMUNICATION TOOLS OR OUTSIDE OF MYLAWNOW, REGARDLESS OF ANY EXISTING RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
Avoid Revealing Private Information
Interact professionally with members in your community. Keep the personal information of our members confidential. Please don’t refer to members in or on Content in Public Areas by their real names, even if this information has been disclosed to you.
Avoid Offending Others
Responses should always be appropriate. Avoid potentially offensive content whenever possible.
Avoid Communications that Suggest an Attorney – Client Relationship
Share your professional legal expertise though answers that are consistent with the law. MyLawNow is for general questions. Refrain from using language that suggests an answer is provided for a single member. Unless you are in a Private Conversation with a user on MyLawNow, refrain from answering questions that solicit your individual opinion. Avoid answering questions or providing answers that suggest a duty and an Attorney – Client relationship.
Avoid Commercial Responses
You are allowed to link to external websites that are both appropriate and related to your responses, but answers on MyLawNow should be complete and should not be used for primarily promotional purposes. Please do not plagiarize and cite sources where applicable. Using answers as a vehicle to promote a product or service is prohibited. Providing members with useful and beneficial information and attracting new clients through useful Content is permitted.
Avoid Advertising or Specifically Soliciting Clients
Clients on MyLawNow can find your professional contact information through your Attorney or Law Firm Profile, and can contact you for an appointment. However, please avoid violating rules of professional conduct in your state regarding advertising and client solicitation.
Avoid Disclosing Confidential Material
Be careful not to discuss privileged or confidential details of past or current clients, or accidentally revealing confidential information in an indirect way – such as by discussing hypothetical illustrations that could be traced back to specific clients.
Avoid Violating Rules of Professional Misconduct
Avoid other actions that violate rules of professional conduct or other rules that apply to you. It is your responsibility to conduct a conflict check prior to giving a consultation. Additionally it is your responsibility to appropriately handle funds received for legal services according to your state’s rules.
Rules Governing Other Submissions
All other information, including suggestions, feedback, ideas, concepts and any other materials you disclose or offer to us on or in connection with MyLawNow or any Content, are governed by the general member submission terms of this Agreement. This means that these submissions are made without any restrictions and without any expectation of confidentiality or compensation. You agree not to assert any property right or moral right of any kind with respect to any such submissions. You agree to our standard terms governing media submissions, except for the prohibition against uploading a facial portrait image of yourself for your Profile picture. You agree that your likeness, photograph, name, biographical information and any and all other information appearing.
The following terms apply to your use of MyLawNow and live virtual consults performed by video or audio or asynchronous inbox consults (collectively, “Virtual Consults”). By using MyLawNow you represent that you understand and agree to all of the following:
Understandings, Agreements and Representations
- You have an existing Attorney-Client relationship with any Attorney or Client with whom you have invited to join MyLawNow for Virtual Consults.
- You understand that the services offered by MyLawNow are not legal advice. MyLawNow is the provider of certain administrative and technical services to Attorneys using the services and does not provide professional legal services.
- MyLawNow agrees to refund you the cost of your virtual consult performed by video or audio in the event that a documented technical failure, which is the responsibility of MyLawNow (and not your own technical or connectivity limitations) prevented the completion of the consult. (Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to asynchronous inbox consults.) This guarantee is subject to your submission to MyLawNow of documentation supporting your request for a refund. All determinations of refund eligibility are made solely by MyLawNow and are final once MyLawNow reaches its decision.
- MyLawNow/MyConnectNow/MyDocumentsNow/MyPaymentsNow are technology platforms, not Attorneys, and do not practice law and do not participate in or interfere with the practice of law by Attorneys on MyLawNow, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license.
- MyLawNow collects information for the purposes of providing the Services (including virtual consults), marketing and promoting our Services and Premium Services to you, and for market research data.
- You understand and agree Virtual Consults may involve the communication of your legal information to Attorneys and other legal professionals located in other parts of the state/jurisdiction or outside of the state/jurisdiction.
- You also understand and agree that by using MyLawNow that we may automatically send your own personal legal information and related reminders to you and you opt into receiving this information by email, mobile notification, or using other contact information provided by you in your account settings. You may opt out of receiving any such communication via email or mobile notification at any time through your account settings. If you prefer not to receive or do not consent to the receipt of legal information by email or mobile notification, you agree to update your account notification settings before using MyLawNow or any features utilizing reminders.
- You agree to and accept the Video APIEnd User License Agreement.
- You understand and agree that we are not responsible for the data bandwidth, signal strength, or Internet or data connectivity of your mobile device or computer.
- You agree that recording a Virtual Call is strictly prohibited. You agree to never screen shot, record audio or video from any virtual consult by any means available by technology. MyLawNow will not store video from virtual consults for future viewing by any party and copies of any virtual consults are not available for release to any party. Additional information is stated in the Privacy and Sharing Policy.
- You agree to refrain from abusive language or engaging in inappropriate behavior when with Attorneys during a consult and agree that an Attorney may terminate a consult at any time should inappropriate behavior or language be used or if in the Attorney’s sole judgment the consult is no longer appropriate or productive.
- You agree to refrain from excessive or inappropriate use of MyLawNow, including but not limited to multiple consults for the same issue without a valid reason, attempts to obtain information about an opposing party in a current/potential claim or litigation matter, attempts to cause an intentional conflict for a MyLawNow attorney to bar a MyLawNow attorney from representing a person or entity, or any other behavior deemed by MyLawNow to be excessive or inappropriate.
- You agree to refrain from contacting or seeking to contact the Attorney for video consultations outside of the platform. This protects both client and Attorney and to ensure legal services are delivered in a reliable, continuous and controlled platform. MyLawNow is not responsible for any interactions with Attorneys not conducted on the MyLawNow platform.
- You represent and warrant to us that, to the extent you enter “protected health information” (as such term is defined under HIPAA) for a third person, you are legally authorized to do so on behalf of such third person, and such third person has validly consented to your inputting of, and your review of, “protected health information” of such third person on MyLawNow/MyDocumentsNow and via the MyLawNow/MyDocumentsNow website and mobile apps.
Consequently, you understand that you have all the following rights with respect to Virtual Consults:
- Free Choice. I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to Virtual Consults at any time without affecting my right to future consultations.
- Access to Information. I have the right to inspect all legal documents transmitted (if the legal documents are retained after the consult) during a Virtual Consult and may receive copies of this information for a reasonable fee if they are not stored in the users profile.
- Confidentiality. I understand that the laws that protect the confidentiality of legal information apply to Virtual Consults, and that no information or images from such interaction which identify me will be disclosed to other entities without my consent.
- Risks. I understand that there are risks from Virtual Consults, including the following: 1) Loss of records from failure of electronic equipment, 2) power or other technical failures with loss of communication, and 3) invasion of electronic records by outsiders (hackers). Finally, I understand that it is impossible to list every possible risk, that my condition may not be cured or improved, and in rare cases, may get worse.
- Quality Assurance. I understand that records related to these consults may be reviewed under a MyLawNow quality assurance program. Records of MyLawNow Quality Assurance Committee records subject to confidentiality.
- Privacy Statement.You agree to MyLawNow’s Privacy Statement, the terms of which are incorporated herein by reference.
- True and Accurate Information.You agree that that all information you provide on MyLawNow relates to you and is current, complete, and accurate. Additionally, you agree to update and maintain such information on MyLawNow to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete at all times.
- Payment.You agree to pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You authorize MyLawNow to immediately invoice your credit card or other payment account provided for all fees and charges due and payable and agree that no additional notice or consent is required. MyLawNow’s fees are net of any applicable sales tax and if any services or payments for any goods or services are subject to sales tax in any jurisdiction. You will be responsible for payment of such sales tax and any related penalties or interest and will indemnify MyLawNow for any liability or expense incurred in connection with such sales taxes (including any use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that MyLawNow is permitted to pass to you) and MyLawNow may automatically charge and withhold such taxes for services to be delivered within any jurisdictions that it deems is required. Unless otherwise agreed to by MyLawNow in writing, all fees paid are non-refundable. Your credit card information and other financial data needed to process your payment are collected and stored by third party payment processors, and we may collect some limited information. The use of your data by any such third party payment processors is subject to their privacy policies. These third parties generally provide us with some limited information (such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and last four digits). MyLawNow reserves the right, without notice, to modify, change, terminate, or suspend service for a subscription plan you are on if, for any reason, payment for such plan is not made or cannot be processed on the due date. This right to modify a subscription plan includes, but is not limited to, the right to change a subscription plan type. You may adjust your subscription settings at any time (where applicable, by paying any amounts due).
Additional Terms that Apply to Attorneys on MyLawNow
As a MyLawNow Attorney, you are required to register with and use your real name, professional contact information, and (if you choose to upload a picture) a real image of you in your Public Profile. You consent to MyLawNow’s use on or in connection with the Apps of your name, likeness, photograph, biographical information and other personal information provided by you to MyLawNow or publicly available about you.
Attorneys: Good Standing
Licensed Attorneys may apply to be and participate as Attorneys on MyLawNow in the States that they are licensed. Attorneys whose licenses are or become suspended or revoked, for any reason, are not permitted and agree not to participate in any way, including but not limited to submitting Content to MyLawNow, as an Attorney on MyLawNow. MyLawNow may expand the network to include other legal professionals. Suspended or revoked Attorneys agree to notify MyLawNow of their status immediately.
Attorneys on MyLawNow have a responsibility to abide by the rules of professionalism in their respective State. Additionally, Attorneys must provide their own conflict check and advice of the Attorney – Client privilege that can be established as a result of the consultation prior to giving any type of consultation. Attorneys also agree to explain ways Attorney – Client privilege can be waived through video consultations if the client allows others to witness or hear the consultation.
Attorneys: You Can Control Your Submissions
You retain the right to edit and delete your own Submissions that appear in your Public Profile at any time. You also retain the right to use and create derivative works from your own Submissions elsewhere (such as on your own practice website, blog, or in your own social media posts).
Attorneys: Permission to Post and Use Submissions
When a MyLawNow Attorney submissions related to any MyLawNow feature or function and made for publication on MyLawNow (such as an answer to a question) (an “Attorney Submission”), you grant MyLawNow an unrestricted right without limitation to use, reproduce, extract data from or add data to, publish and post any such Attorney Submissions, including in connection with or on MyLawNow, including in connection with your name. This means that when you make such a submission to us, you are giving us rights to this content, including the right to post it on MyLawNow and use it in connection with MyLawNow. You also give us the right to give or transfer all rights granted herein to others. While Attorney Submissions generally are posted to MyLawNow, we do not have an obligation to post any particular Submission on MyLawNow and reserve the right, at our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever (including but not limited to a Submission being reported to us), to not post and/or to remove any Submissions at any time.
Attorneys: Rules when Submitting Content
We have rules for Public Submissions. By submitting content to MyLawNow you agree to follow our rules for Submissions to MyLawNow.
Attorneys/Legal Professionals: Conflicts Disclosure Policy
Disclosure of Relationships with Industry
You agree to comply with this Conflicts Disclosure Policy (“CDP”) when using MyLawNow or making Submissions. This CDP governs the disclosure of financial interests by MyLawNow Attorneys. Conflicts of interest can be financial and/or personal. As used in this policy, “Industry” means any company, entity, or third party that creates, produces or sells any law-related product or service.
All Attorneys or legal professionals with a material financial relationship with Industry must disclose such a relationship in any answer or other similar Content submitted to MyLawNow when such Content mentions any product or service in which such an interest exists, with the following or similar language: “The author or poster of this content has a financial interest in a product or service mentioned herein.”
No Posting Public Content for Pay
Attorneys may not post Public Content on MyLawNow in exchange for compensation of any kind, including but not limited to as a paid consultant to any entity (including any company or organization) or individual. Attorneys should ensure that any conflict or potential conflict of interest does not affect or appear to affect his or her contributions of Content to the MyLawNow.
No Posting of Content Written by Interested Parties
Attorneys may not publish Content under their own names that is written in whole or material part by (a) parties with a financial interest in any product or service mentioned in the Content, or (b) employees of Industry. Accepting compensation for posting Content to Public Areas and/or posting ghostwriting by Interested Parties on MyLawNow is prohibited.